Tuesday 2 May 2017

CAS Watercolour Challenge- Flowers



Hello and Welcome.
Meet today's card.  Time for a new challenge at the 
This month our theme is an easy one....flowers.
This month we are so happy to have Mac Mable as our Guest Designer.



I began my card by using Painter's tape to mask the edges of my watercolour paper.  I stamped the marigold flower in the bottom left hand corner using my Misti, masked it and stamped it again on either side of the first flower.  I love the look achieved by using a masking technique.
 I coloured in the flowers using my Zig markers adding colour only to the inside edges of the flowers then using a wet paintbrush, pulled the colour to the outside edges to give a watercoloured look to my flowers.
 I stamped the sentiment using my Misti again, removed the painter's tape and doodled in the border.
I always forget how fun it is to doodle on my cards.




Adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES

 STAMPlorations- NEVER ENDING/ANYTHING GOES

Time Out- FLOWERS


Thanks so very much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies
Stamps- French Marigold lg (STAMPlorations), Noteworthy (STAMPlorations)
Paper- Canson 140lb watercolor paper
Ink- Archival black, Zig markers, fine tip black marker
Accessories and Supplies- Painter's Tape, Misti, paintbrush

18 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Bold and beautiful, Karen! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

Loll said...

Gorgeous bright blooms Karen. Wonderful watercolouring with your zigs. Great design with masking the outside border and the flowers to create lots of depth. Your doodled border is the perfect finishing touch. xx

Mac Mable said...

Amazing...Your card is my sunshine on a rainy day, absolutely beautiful and you have used glorious colours and as always fabulously water coloured x

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous use of the large marigold stamp, Karen! I love how you've left a sliver of white space on the petals - my kind of colouring!

Pat said...

What a beautiful bright colour you have given the flowers Karen and the coordinating layer is just perfect. I love that doodled frame and great sentiment too. x

Nora Noll said...

This is so lovely!! The red really POPS!!! I like the doodled frame too!!

Lisa Lara said...

Crazy amazing Karen!

Bonnie said...

What pretty flowers, Karen! I love the red and how you've masked them to make a whole garden! Your doodled frame is very impressive! Fantastic card my friend!

Christine Alexander said...

wow, love the bright red, it just pops off the page :)

Gabi MeWi said...

Fantastic card with wonderful colors...

Susan said...

Love the bright red, your fabulous watercolouring, and the doodled border! Great layering with the simple red border!

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so gorgeous and I am so glad you explained the process you used to achieve this look. I love the red colors too!

CherylQuilts said...

Ooh, Karen, I LOVE this card with your beautiful watercoloring. This is such a beautiful stamp (I had to get it when you first used it...and still have to make use of it...but I will), and what gorgeous colors! Hugs, sweet friend! xoxo

Craftychris said...

Beautiful colours and fabulous watercolouring. Really cool sentiment too. xxx

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous watercoloured flowers, Karen. I love your doodles frame and how you masked the edge of your main image. All techniques that added beautiful interest and depth to your beautiful card. TFS my friend. Hugs..It was wonderful to get home last night to our lush greens and beautiful flowers :-) Hugs

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Gorgeous card. The masking is very effective. Your coloring is awesome,a dn I love the doodling. Thanks so much for linking up and playing wtih us at Time Out.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A definite cheer up card on a cloudy day, I LOVE it.
Faith
x

Bobby said...

It's amazing how much that doodle adds to your wonderful card, Karen. And the lines are so straight.